28 November 2009

Nancy and Greta weren't quite convinced about having their heads shaved today at the hair-dressers... even by a super-persuasive big sister... I was NEARLY tempted! Nancy is now straight and bobbed (and mirror-fixated!) and Greta looks like Nancy used to. It's all very confusing...
Paddy has been "Uncle from Heaven", hanging bathroom shelves, coat racks and even fixing our broken loo seat - Nancy blames the 'boys' that come to our house!!? Door bell tomorrow. oh, and maybe the extractor.... don't want to push my luck...
Lola has been 'organising' the making of Christmas cards so we all have glittery faces and inky fingers. She has elected to write them during next weeks' chemo session - sounds good to me. We also emptied the lock up a little bit more so visitors are only welcome now if they shuffle sideways down the hall, very close to the wall. I'm sure we didn't used to have this much stuff....
All three girls are highly excited at the prospect of a Sylvanian-loving, X-factor-watching babysitter tonight. I'm feeling a little more anxious. It's a bit like leaving a new baby for the first time.... and I'm only going across the road! I will try very hard not to phone every five minutes as I KNOW I am in grave danger of being told to "Get a Life" by a pixie with attitude...

No comments:

Post a Comment